Friday, March 13, 2009

Microhard

I have for years being using Word and Excel. Word 2003 was the ultimate in word processing packages. I have done several courses in MS office so I thought I was computer literate. I even did an European Qualification which is the most up to date city & guild qualification so you would think I am qualified to work in an office environment, Wrong along comes MSOffice2007. I thought they might change a couple of functions add a few more options to the same basic menus. Oh no they have totally changed the complete so theres nothing the way it was!
Yes call me a ludite but I thought the old format was far more user friendly!

So don't get the new version I hear you say! And I won't, but image my shock when I had to face MsWord2007 and MsExcel2007 in an IT exam for a job as a clerical officer in DIT. I was put into a state of shock trying to discover where things were positioned! There didn't seem to be any logic for half of the things that were on the screen. I completely lost my confidence so much that what I could normally do with confidence proved difficult so I only partially completed two word documents and only started the excel spreadsheet!
I will be surprised if I get call for the short listed interview and it's only been a year and a half since I've done my last interview

No comments: