Wednesday, December 3, 2008

INTRO

Hi everybody,

My name is Fred Price. I'm new to this blogging. So I suppose I'll tell you a little about myself. I have a slight disability Cerebral Palsy, which affects my left arm and left leg to a lesser extent.
I'm a writer, I've written several short stories and poems (so far none of them have been published) While I was doing an evening course in Cabinteely, I was encouraged to write a book review, which was submitted to The Irish Times. I did it on Guilt by Association by Susan R Sloane, it was published December 19,1997 in the Reader's Choice, if you want to check it out you can read it in the National Library. I did two weeks work experience in Irish News of the World, March 2001. I got five articles published ranging How Independing radio stations were beating RTE in the rates, the National Pensions Office transfering some of its jobs from Sligo to Boyle in Roscommon, TV3 complaining about RTEs bid for higher licence fee (they want to increase by £50, a licence cost £70,)I did a feature about Bono auctioning his "Fly" sunglasses for charity. I did a piece on food posioning, and one on the ticket touts. I'm secretary in Our Ladies of Victories, Saint Vincent De Paul home visitation conference, I was inspired to right an article about how I got involved which was published in The Bulletin, the quarterly journal of the Society of Saint Vincent De Paul in Ireland. I continue to write short stories poems and pieces of non fiction.

I also paint landscapes and do a bit of sketching, I don't have enough pictures framed to hold my own exhibitions. I prefer to use arylic (which I would recommend to anybody who's starting painting) Alot of people will tell you to start in Watercolour, but this medium can be very unforgiving because if you discover that a picture should have been brightier, you can't do that in watercolours, on the other hand arylic mistakes can be easily corrected and you can paint light over dark. That is not to say I have paint a couple of watercolours. I'm involved with Eye Contact, a group of artists with disabilities, we meet Saturday from 10am (I'm not a morning person and I find it very hard getting up that early) to 12am in Richmond Cheshire Home. I would mainly work from photos, but I have painted in Lismore, Devil's Glen and Dun Laoghaire Harbour. I have also painted from my imagination. Well if you want to assume my identity keep reading this space and if you want to be Fred Price, I hope you do a better job than I'm doing at the moment....

1 comment:

psychoanalysis said...

Dear Fred, Your blog is very interesting. I have added your blog to my favorite web-links. Look forward to reading more about you and your writings and art. Hope to see the scanned paintings on your blog as well. A